- 8 Nathan’s Famous® Hot Dog Buns from Cobblestone Bread Co®
- 8 Nathan’s Famous® Franks
- 1 pound maple sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 8 slices American cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a medium-sized sauce pot, over medium heat, add the sausage and onions and cook for 5-7 minutes or until browned and fully cooked.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, chipotle, honey, tomato sauce and kidney beans with a dash of salt and pepper and stir to evenly incorporate all ingredients.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the chili is cooking, grill or boil hot dogs to desired doneness.
- Cut each slice of cheese into 3 even strips and wrap each hot dog, then place into the buns. Add chili over the top and serve hot.