Check out world surfing champion, Tia Blanco’s, Hawaiian Beyond Burger! As a professional athlete and vegan, Tia knows the power of plant-based protein and loves to fuel up after a day at the beach with this tropical take on a classic burger.
- 2 Beyond Burger patties
- 3-4 pineapple slices, grilled
- 3-4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2-3 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha
- ¼ cup scallions, sliced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 vegan potato buns
- Preheat grill to 400-500 degrees.
- Slice pineapple and coat with sesame oil. Set aside until grill is hot.
- Follow instructions on package, cook burger in sesame oil, and remove from pan.
- When grill is hot, place pineapple slices onto hot grill and cover. Cook for 7-10 minutes per side. This can vary depending on the heat of your grill.
- Toast potato bun on grill for 1-2 minutes per side, while cooking pineapple.
- When everything is ready coat bottom of bun with teriyaki sauce then stack burger, grilled pineapple, scallions, lettuce, and then top with sriracha sauce and more teriyaki.