Makes 4-6 tuna cakes
- 3 (5oz) cans Wild Planet Skipjack Wild Tuna or Albacore Wild Tuna, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 eggs, beaten in separate bowls
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil
- Fresh lemon
- Mixed salad greens
- Gently flake cans of tuna.
- Mix together with chopped onion, scallions, one beaten egg, flour, and black pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Heat a bit of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Shape tuna mixture into balls and flatten into round cakes.
- Dip into the other bowl of beaten egg, then coat with a light layer of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Cook the tuna cakes until each side is crispy and golden brown (3-5 minutes on each side).
- Continue with remaining tuna mixture.
- Top with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and serve on a bed of mixed salad greens.