Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 package (7.4 oz) Nature’s Fynd Maple Flavored Meatless Breakfast Patties, cooked according to package directions, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegan parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, add olive oil. When shimmering add onion and garlic and cook until translucent and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
2. Add sweet potatoes, smoked paprika, and salt. Cook another 6-8 minutes.
3. Add stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes.
4. Add kale and sausage and cook until wilted and heated through, another 2 minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt if necessary.
6. Serve with vegan parmesan cheese to garnish.