- 1 – Organic Chicken (1.5lbs-ish, can be whole or cut down)
- 1 cup – Zevia Cola
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup – BBQ Sauce – use whatever brand you prefer
(You can also make your own using crushed tomatoes, a little balsamic vinegar and whatever spices you love.)
- 1/2 Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 3 – Whole Garlic Cloves (You mince one of these.)
- 1 tbsp – Fresh Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Spices: Rosemary, Paprika, Red Pepper Flakes, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper (although you can omit and add whatever floats your boat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place clean whole chicken or chicken in parts, into a clear deep baking pan.If using a whole chicken, stuff the inside with a handful of onions, 2 of the garlic cloves, salt, pepper, rosemary. Place remaining onion slices on top of the chicken. If using chicken pieces, mix these ingredients together in a bowl and place on top/around the baking pan.
- In a small bowl mix together the Zevia Cola, BBQ sauce, minced garlic clove, lemon juice, and all herbs to your spice level. Taste to adjust flavors if needed.
- Pour mixture on top of the chicken.
- Drizzle olive oil all over chicken.
- Bake for about 1 –1.5 hours making sure internal temp reaches 165 degrees F.
- Check chicken every 30 minutes just in case your oven is a little fast or slow. You can also use this time to drizzle the sauce from the pan over the chicken.