Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

My 4 year old behaves fine at home. We get the odd tantrum but again he is 4. I can get him to do things without much fuss and minimal coaxing. He’s been in his current daycare since June and at the beginning he had a hard time adjusting. But gradually his behaviors got better and I had pretty good reports at the end of the day. He then started PreK at the same center with the same teachers about 3 weeks ago now. And we had a good start but this past week has been back to square one with him being defiant or ignoring the teachers and even throwing toys and pushing other kids. I’ve reiterated to him that it’s not acceptable and he talks about it and says he can do better. But as soon as I’m not there it’s the same thing. The worrying part is now the school want me to take him to be screened for sensory disorders and such. Which I will do because I’m also at a loss to explain his behavior. But it also makes you feel like your the only Mom with a trouble child in the world and that the class is perfect except for your child, you know.

I’m hoping other Moms have been there and can offer some advice if they’ve been in the same boat.

I should mention that before this center he attended a different one that barely monitored the children and he was always coming home with scrapes and bruises from fights with other kids getting out of hand. Then I observed his teacher without her knowledge one morning marching him along holding his hands in the air in front of her roughly while he cried. I removed him from there and found this new center. It’s been loads better and he seemed to be improving day by day but now it’s back to square one almost! The only thing that seems to have changed at his current school was the class got some new students and the whole PreK curriculum started. At my wits end!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.