30 minute cooking time. Recipe serves 4.
- 1 bunch broccolini, washed, bottoms trimmed, but kept whole
- 1 bunch whole organic carrots, washed, trimmed of greenery, but kept whole
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 2 cups Simply7 Lentil Creamy Dill Chips, crushed (makes about 1 cup of rough crumbs)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 lb cod filets, patted dry (or any mild white fish)
- ½ cup tartar sauce
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line two large baking sheets with tinfoil and set aside. Toss broccolini and carrots with olive oil, pepper and garlic salt. Spread onto one baking sheet.
- Add crushed chips, cornstarch and eggs, separately, to three shallow dishes.
- Cut fish into 1 ½ to 2 inch pieces. Dip each fish bite first into cornstarch, shaking off excess, then into egg then into the crushed chips, coating the fish evenly. Place fish bites onto second baking sheet.
- Place both baking sheets into the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip veggies and fish bites. Bake for another 8 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and veggies are tender. Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of the fish.
- Serve veggie fries and fish bites with tartar sauce.
Recipe by Jenny Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD of My Cape Cod Kitchen and Simply7