- 1 cup Vero Gusto Tomato & Basil sauce
- 1 package of store-bought polenta
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup of ricotta cheese
- ½ cup of fresh mozzarella, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 quart of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix diced mozzarella and ricotta with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in a pastry bag.
- Cut polenta in ½-inch rounds. Dredge lightly with flour and deep fry in oil at 350°F until golden and crispy outside.
- Meanwhile, reheat 1 cup Vero Gusto in the microwave.
- Pipe a dollop of cheese mixture on top of each polenta fritter. Top with Vero Gusto. Garnish with basil.