Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
Love fried ice cream without the frying? Try this crunchy, creamy and delicious recipe from Sandra Widick at Pastry Tales for this heavenly treat.
No-Fry Fried Ice Cream
- 2½ cups of Corn Flakes, crushed
- 6 tablespoons of Crystal unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Irish Cream liqueur (or use milk for non-alcoholic version)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Crystal Cherry Chocolate Chunk ice cream (or your favorite flavor)
- Fresh cherries
- Chocolate fudge
Fresh Whipped Cream Frosting (optional)
- 1 cup Crystal heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crush corn flakes. You can pour corn flakes into a ziplock bag, seal the bag, and then use a rolling pin or something similar to crush cornflakes to bits. You can also use a food processor.
- In a medium size fry pan, melt the butter. Add in the crushed corn flakes and ground cinnamon. Sauté the mixture for about four minutes until you smell a nice toasted cereal fragrance and the mixture gets crispy. Pour the mixture in a shallow dish and cool completely.
- Grab a regular or jumbo size muffin pan, and place a piece of plastic wrap on the top.
- Scoop ice cream(about 3⁄4-1 cup each scoop) and place them into each cavity of your muffin pan (on top of the plastic wrap). Freeze this pan for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take out the muffin pan and immediately drop each ice cream ball into the corn flake mixture. Roll to evenly coat. Be sure to press the corn flake mixture all around the ice cream ball so you have a thick coating (you can use your hands, no problem!) Place each coated ice cream ball into the same muffin pan and freeze for about 20 minutes.
- While your ice cream is chilling, make your homemade whipped cream frosting. You can buy it at the store but homemade tastes better!: Add the heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Start beating on medium speed for a couple of minutes. Add in powdered sugar and mix for one minute. Add in vanilla extract. Increase the speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- To serve, place one of your chilled ice cream balls on the top of a small dish. Pipe some of your whipped cream frosting on the top (you can use a Wilton 1m icing tip and a pastry bag for this). Drizzle some chocolate fudge. Place one cherry on the top, and enjoy!!