- 1 Gallon Alexandre 6% Milk (or 1 gallon regular whole milk + one cup whipping cream)
- ½ Cup Organic White Vinegar
- 1 tsp fine Himalayan Sea Salt
- Pour milk in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until temperature reaches 180°-200°F.
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar and salt.
- Let stand until the curds and whey have separated, about 2-3 hours.
- Line a strainer or colander with a few layers of fine cheesecloth and place it over a bowl or pot to catch the whey.
- Pour mixture through cheesecloth and let drain until no more liquid drips through bottom of strainer. This usually takes about 1 hour. If you can leave it for 2 hours, it will get even firmer. It will also firm a bit more in the refrigerator, but will still be spreadable.
- Refrigerate for immediate use or freeze for later use.