A delicious and easy baked Cauliflower Spinach Cheese Dip made with low fat cream cheese, mozzarella and parmesan, sure to be your new chip & dip go-to. Loaded with nutrition from the cauliflower and spinach, this healthy dip also has Greek Yogurt and no cream!
Prep Time: 10 MINS
Cook Time: 15 MINS
Total Time: 25 MINS
Servings: 5 cups
- 7 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed 200g, see notes for fresh
- 4 cups Cauliflower Florets, ½ large head, 428g
- ¾ cup Reduced Fat Cream Cheese, 6 oz/170g
- ½ cup Non-fat Greek Yogurt, 112g
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella, 56g
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- 1½ tsp Onion Powder
- 1½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- Tortilla Chips
- Crostini or other hard bread
- Preheat oven to 425°F and lightly grease a 1½ quart (5 cup) casserole/baking dish, or 8-9” cast iron skillet.
- Bring water to a boil in pot, add cauliflower and boil for 10 minutes until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Set aside some cooking liquid and drain.
- Transfer cauliflower and 3 Tbsp cooking liquid to a blender (or food processor) and blend until mostly smooth, about 15 seconds.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese and yogurt.
- Add spinach, cauliflower, half shredded mozzarella, parmesan, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Transfer to cast iron skillet or casserole dish, top with remaining mozzarella, and bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted, bubbly, and lightly browned.
Recipe adapted from myHealthy Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip.
- To prepare fresh spinach:
- Heat a large saucepan over medium and cook until completely wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Allow to cool (place in fridge or freezer to speed up), then squeeze out all the water using paper towels. (Make sure you get as much out as possible).
- Chop into small chunks.
- Prepare mix and keep in fridge up to one day in advance.
- Before baking, leave out to allow to reach room temperature – about 30 minutes.
- Fridge: In an airtight container for up to 5 days.Reheat (in small serving sizes) in microwave for about 20-30 seconds.