- 8 large portobello mushrooms, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces lengthwise
- 15-ounce can of black beans
- 1⁄4 cup red onion
- 2 poblano peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 Tablespoons Field + Farmer Queso dip
- olive oil
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- corn tortillas
1. Cheesy black beans: Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Pan fry diced onion and 2 cloves of garlic until onion is translucent. Add the beans without draining. Reduce the heat to medium-low and mash the mixture until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper, and add 3 Tablespoons of Field + Farmer Queso. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Mushroom Filling: Set the broiler on high heat. On a foil-lined sheet pan, place 2 cloves of garlic (with skins) and poblano peppers. Broil until garlic is brown on all sides and poblano peppers are blackened. Remove the charred parts of the peppers and cut into bite-sized pieces. Remove the skin from the broiled garlic and place the cloves into a mixing bowl. Add 4 Tablespoons of olive oil to the garlic and mash. Add the mushrooms and mix until evenly coated. Spread the mushrooms evenly on a baking tray, sprinkle lightly with salt, and place directly underneath the broiler. Cook on both sides until the mushrooms begin to brown and all moisture has been cooked off.
3. On heated corn tortillas, add a spoonful of the bean filling. Top with poblano peppers, mushrooms, diced onion, and cilantro. Drizzle a little extra Queso dip for an extra cheesy taco!