This quick and easy recipe does not use a traditional sauce, letting the juicy pears bring a sweet balance to the parmesan and prosciutto’s more salty flavors. Using a prepared pizza crust makes this an effortless meal or a beautiful and savory appetizer.
- 1 prepared pizza dough crust
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh thyme
- 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces chopped prosciutto
- 1 Red Anjou or Green Anjou pear, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Spread olive oil and garlic over the pizza crust. Top with cheese, prosciutto, pear slices and thyme.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes