- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2-3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 package Chickapea Spirals
- 2 Tablespoons table salt, for boiling pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
Garlic Butter Instructions:
- Add the softened butter to a small bowl.
- Mix in all remaining garlic butter ingredients.
- Set in refrigerator until ready to use in the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add the asparagus pieces to a medium bowl.
- Pour avocado oil over the asparagus and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Mix the asparagus well to coat.
- Transfer the asparagus to a lined baking tray and spread out as much as possible.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare Chickapea spirals to package specifications by heating 16 cups of water in a large pot over high heat until boiling. Add pasta and 2 Tablespoons of salt to the water. Decrease the heat to maintain a gentle boil. Stir and cook the pasta for 7 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and rinse with warm water.
- Transfer the pasta into the large bowl.
- Toss the pasta with 2 Tablespoons of garlic butter, adding more to taste until desired flavor is achieved.
- When the asparagus is done roasting, remove it from the oven and mix it into the pasta.
- Plate the portions of the pasta and top with a squeeze or fresh lemon, a pinch of paprika, and finishing salt to taste.