YIELD: 8-10 biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized SugarBee® apple, peeled and dice small
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons heavy cream, plus 1 tablespoon for brushing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and black pepper; whisk well to combine. Add in the cold butter cubes and work it into the flour mixture using two forks or a pastry cutter until it resembles a coarse meal. Add the chives, apples and grated cheese to the bowl and lightly toss to mix. Add the 1 cup + 3 tablespoons of heavy cream and stir with a fork until it just comes together and there is some loose flour on the bottom, it doesn’t have to be smooth at this point.
- On a floured surface, turn the dough out and knead a few times until it becomes a ball. Lightly roll or pat the ball into a 1″ thick round, cut out rounds with a biscuit cutter. Use the left over scraps to form biscuits with your hands.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet, brush each one with a little of the remaining cream, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm, or cool and freeze for up to 3 weeks.