- 6 “bun size” carrots, peeled
- 6 hot dog buns
- ½ cup of soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- HOPE Thai Coconut Curry Hummus
For the Vegan Slaw:
- 1 cup shredded red and green cabbage
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ chopped jalapeno (optional)
- lime juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegan mayo to taste
- Peel the carrots and place into a pot of boiling water over medium high heat. Boil for about 12-15 minutes until tender, but not overly tender.
- Make a quick marinade of soy sauce or tamari, garlic powder, onion powder, and liquid smoke (optional, but does give it that smoky flavor). Add to a reusable stasher bag along with the cooked carrots and marinate for 1 hour to overnight.
- Make the slaw by mixing ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Toss until well combined and season with fresh lime juice, salt and pepper, and vegan mayo to taste.
- When ready to serve, remove the carrots from the marinade and cook on a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes per side.
- Assemble your hot dog. Top with slaw and HOPE Thai Coconut Curry Hummus.