Yields about 14 medium pancakes
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour (for gluten-free, sub 1:1 all-purpose gluten free baking flour)
- 1 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup dairy-free thick yogurt (or use traditional Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (optional)
- In medium bowl, combine hemp hearts with organic whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, Hemp oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Gently stir in yogurt and milk, whisking until combined. Add dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients. Stir in blueberries here if using.
- Heat griddle or use large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add butter or spray with a high-heat oil (such as avocado). TIP: Make sure skillet is hot before starting.
- Working in batches and leaving enough room on griddle for flipping pancakes, add ¼ cup batter to hot griddle and cook for about 3 minutes, or until edges bubble. Flip and cook other side for about minute or so. Transfer pancakes to oven on “warm” function, or serve immediately. Top with your favorite toppings, enjoy!